No Catchy Title Will Do This Justice

4.30.2007

Let me just preface the main point of this post by saying that I am not really a morning person. I'm not one of those people who **jumps!** out of bed, ready to face the day with reckless abandon. I'm not one to issuse a cheery "Good Morning" three seconds after my eyes pop open.

I can get out of bed without too much of a struggle, but I prefer to putz around for awhile. Shuffle to the sink to brush my teeth. Shuffle downstairs to get a cup of coffee. Waking up gradually has always worked best for me.

But, that's not the reality at our house. My husband and I are usually up at 6:00 each morning, like it or not. I shower and get myself ready as fast as I can. Doug and I tag team with Adam. I rarely set foot downstairs until I'm ready to leave because I don't need distractions. I try to impose a pretty time-sensitive rountine upon myself so I get out the door and to the office in a reasonable amount of time.

So it went this morning, with one change. My husband, out of the goodness of his heart, said he would drive my car today so he could stop and get the oil changed on his way to work.

I hopped in his car, which is actually parked on my side of the garage due to the huge Dumpster parked at the end of our driveway.

I put the car in reverse and somehow forgot about the huge Dumpster until the back bumper made contact with it. Somehow I managed to totally zone out the half ton hunk of iron sitting in our driveway.

The damage wasn't as bad as it could have been, but it was damage none the less.

My first fender-bender ever, and it happened mere feet from my front door.

I called him immediately and explained. I knew he would be understanding. I met him at Starbucks to show him the ding. He was laughing about it at the end, and he had me at least cracking a smile.

And that's why I love him.

5 comments:

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows :

Oh, no! I guess that's not the best way to start a morning! I hope your day has gotten better!

Momma Roar :

Oh my, at least you are okay! I hope your day has gotten better too!

Minivan Mom :

Hi Jill! Thanks for visiting my blog. This story is hilarious, BTW.

Vader's Mom :

That sounds just like something I would do. Glad the damage wasn't too bad.

Susan :

I did a similar thing years ago. I walked out of work and was admiring the make and model of a car parked behind me. Got into my car and proceeded to back into said car!!!! DUH Glad yours wasn't bad and you have a wonderful husband.

Jillian Inc. All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger