I get teased about a lot of things around my office. For instance, I have a thing for cleanliness and neatness and, when working with a bunch of men who cut, sand and paint fine frames, that can be a hard goal to attain. Another of my quirks is the amusing shopping and errand lists I give the office assistant.
Honestly, if I were her, I would squeal at the thought of getting out of the office for an hour or so to shop with someone else's money. And, since you know I have the whole beverage thing, I'd make my first stop the Chick Fil-a drive thru for a large unsweet tea with two Splendas.
Just so you can get a feel for the variety of the errands I conjure up, a list last week included a bank deposit, buying certain feminine supplies for the front bathroom plus 8 travel sized toothpastes for the owner, dropping a pair of shoes off to get the heels cut down, and a quick stop at the liquor store for Fernet Branca, a spirit known to cure nausea (for one of the messy guys in the back).
I'm also known to be a real stickler for efficient errand running, which means I've trained everyone to make lists. The most reliable list maker is one of two Vietnamese brothers who have been with us for nearly 14 years. They are in charge of cleaning the messy back studio.
One day last week he put the following shopping list on my desk:
Next time store, please buy:
1. Four toilet cleaner bottle use upside down
2. Three cleaner with scrubbing bubbles men
3. Four Kill! Virus! Spray!
4. One large hand soap
On another shopping note, I want you all to know my mascara dilemma is now over, because I have found Dior Show Mascara. It rocks.
I look for five things in a mascara
1. The suction on the wand when it comes out of the tube (sorry, there's not a more delicate way to put it)
2. The shape of the brush on the wand
3. The way it goes on.. not too thin, not too thick, not too sticky
4. Wearability - I don't want to fork over $23 for dark circles by mid-day. I can get those for free just living life with a toddler.
5. Removability - When I want to take it off, I want it to come off with soap and water.
BINGO. All five. DIOR SHOW MASCARA.
Go! Buy! Now!