** Final updates with guesses.... and answers for those not guessed. Thanks for participating. This was fun!
I saw this meme about movie quotes at Lauren's and thought it looked like lots of fun. I had a ball reading through movie quotes and putting together this list. It was hard to narrow it down to only ten.
Let me know if you do this on your own blog. I'd love to try my hand at guessing!
Here are the rules:
1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess (if you know them all, please don't guess every one).
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. No Googling or IMDb-ing. That's cheating and that's no fun.
Here are my quotes:
1. "I do wish we could chat longer, but... I'm having an old friend for dinner."
Leigh Ann guessed this one. It's Hannibal Lector from Silence of the Lambs.
2. "Could you please get me some ice to numb her earlobes?"
Lynne got this line from Grease, where Frenchie is piercing Sandy's ears.
3. "You don't need a patch on your arm to have honor."
Lauren knew this was from A Few Good Men.
4. "Perhaps he knew, as I did not, that the Earth was made round so that we would not see too far down the road." Karen knew this is from Out of Africa.
5. "Say Lou, didya hear the one about the guy who couldn't afford personalized
plates so he went and changed his name to J3L2404?" FARGO
6. "Well that's not something the State Department tells dependents when the battle occurred over the wrong line on some map." TOP GUN
7. "When I touch my wife, I like it better if her skin doesn't crawl."
You're right Buford Betty. This is from When a Man Loves a Woman.
8. "You know everyone thinks we got this broken down horse and fixed him. But we didn't. He fixed us. Every one of us. And I guess in a way, we fixed each other, too."
Lauren and Leigh Ann both got this one. It's Red Pollard talking about Seabiscuit.
9. "I don't scratch my head unless it itches and I don't dance unless I hear some music. I will not be intimidated. That's just the way it is." REMEMBER THE TITANS
10. "It's finding the center of your story, the beating heart of it, that's what
makes a reporter. You have to start by making up some headlines." THE SHIPPING NEWS