Twelve Days of Christmas #10 - Holiday Poll

12.16.2006

Someone tagged me for this holiday meme:

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? hot chocolate with marshmallows on top.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He's done both, but usually he wraps.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White. Not that colors lights are not pretty, but Doug and I both prefer the serenity of white.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? There's enough kissin' in this house without it!

5. When do you put your decorations up? We try to start a day to two after Thanksgiving and finish by the first of December. Christmas decor is my favorite and I want to be able to enjoy it for as long as possible.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I love any and all casseroles.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child: Coming downstairs Christmas morning to see what Santa had left in our stockings. A dear family friend made stockings for us that we used every year.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I'm not quite sure. I think I just outgrew it.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No. But, for the record, growing up my family opened all gifts on Christmas Eve because it was also my oldest brother's birthday.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Our tree is pre-lit, which is very helpful. Most of our ornaments were given to us by my mother.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Now that I live in Georgia and see snow once per year for a day or so, I love it. Growing up in Iowa I didn't necessarily hate it, but after three months of it, I didn't love it either.

12. Can you ice skate? Yes! I learned to ice skate when I was a child. They would flood an area of the public park each winter especially for ice skating. It was done mostly to discourage people from skating on the river that ran through the center of our little town.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I consider my son, born last year on Dec. 16, an early Christmas gift. Other than that, I really don't have a favorite. I love every gift I've been given. That's why it is called a GIFT.

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Being together with my family. And, honestly, a full week or so off work. I think of Christmas as the "finish line" of a year-long work race.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I don't have just one favorite, but anything chocolate + mint would top my list.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Baking cookies.

17. What tops your tree? A gold star.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? It's always better to give than receive.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? It's a tie between Silent Night and The Little Drummer Boy.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?? Yum! I especially like the little tiny ones.

0 comments:

Jillian Inc. All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger