* The best beauty treatment is soap and water.
* What's not picked up when you go to bed may never be seen again.
* If given a choice, choose quality over quantity.
* Save your money until you can afford what you really want.
* People aren't looking at you as much as you think.
* Wear a dress now and then.
* Own a pair of pearl earrings, diamond studs, and a good watch.
* Be capable of earning your own way.
* If someone criticizes you, agree with them. The watch what happens.
* When in doubt about what to say, bite your tongue.
* When faced with a decision, you'll never regret thinking about it overnight.
* What seems ominous at night, seems much better in the morning.
* Learn how to cook seven things well.
* Learn how to bake chocolate chip cookies.
* Read, read, and read some more.
* Afternoon naps are necessary when you're younger than 3 and older than 50.
* You could best be remembered for something you didn't do, rather than for something you did.
* There's always someone worse off. Find them. Help them.
* Put your marriage before your kids and your kids will be just fine.
* Don't threaten your kids. It will make you seem weak.
* Keep your word.
* Make few commitments, but keep all the commitments you make.
* The best place for you to be is at home with your family. Above all else.
* Thank the ones that came before you.
* Send handwritten notes.
* Birthdays are special.
* Slather with lotion morning and night.
* The reality is often much less glamorous than the fantasy.
* We think our life is the reality and everyone else's is the fantasy.
* Prom is not the be-all-end-all.
* Neither is high school.
* Look people in the eye.
* Don't let yourself get offended.
* You can't always rely on who you know, but you can always rely on what you know.
* Don't sell yourself short.
* People see more good in you than bad.
* Mow and weed your own backyard before you start criticizing someone else's.
* Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the best thing to do.
* Not everyone needs to know everything.
* Coffee really doesn't stunt your growth.
* Sometimes good enough is good enough.
* Time often is the only answer.
* Not much can beat experience.
* Take care of your teeth and your skin.
* Every room should have a little touch of red in it.
* Somebody less qualified will at some point be your boss.
* The most rewarding jobs have no pay.
What did your mom teach you?