Lisa at Take 90 West tagged me to sum up my life in 6 words. Lisa said, "This meme originated over an idea that was prompted by the book written by Larry Smith & Rachel Fershleiser, Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six Word Memoirs by Writers Famous & Obscure. It’s a compilation based on the story that Hemingway once bet ten dollars that he could sum up his life in six words. His words were, 'For Sale: Baby Shoes, Never Worn.'"
Then, A Southern Accent tagged me to tell six unspectacular quirks about myself.
So, being the quirky thing that I am, I decided I'd combine these two memes and write six unspectacular things about myself that are exactly six words long.
1. My left thumb is double jointed.
2. Raised in Midwest; don't like meat.
3. Can't stand the taste of cilantro.
4. Never learned to drive stick shift.
5. Read Charlotte's Web at age four.
6. I'm legally blind in right eye.
Finally, Jillian (love the name! hee-hee) tagged me to list five songs I listen to that could be considered embarrassing. Since my taste in music tends to linger somewhere around 1990's country, I have to say this one was not hard at all.
1. Swingin' by John Anderson: Gotta love a song that includes these lyrics:
Her brother was on the sofa eatin chocolate cake
Her momma was in the kitchen cuttin' chicken up to fry
2. Love Will Keep us Together - by Captain and Tenniele: This was the first 45 record I owned. I bought it for 25 cents. I literally played it until I wore the record out. Which is a concept that today's kids don't understand. Which makes this even more embarrassing.
3. Through the Eyes of Love (The Theme Song from Ice Castles) - by Melissa Manchester: Who didn't cry over that movie?
4. I Knew the Bride When She Used to Rock and Roll - by Nick Lowe: Maybe in her later years she could give up the rock and roll and just go swingin'.
5. Stand by Your Man - by Tammy Wynette: If I had a dollar for every time my mom and I listened to this song on cassette while riding in our 1969 red Chevy Impala, I'd be swingin' somewhere on a porch on a ranch in Wyoming.
And I'd invite you all over and we'd eat chocolate cake and dance to embarrassing songs.
Now it's your turn...