Use up Those Thanksgiving Leftovers

11.26.2006

Yum! This recipe is a keeper, let me tell you. I made it yesterday and every last morsel was gone. We saw a version of this on the Food Network, but I put my own spin on it and here's what I came up with:

Brown one pound of hot sausage in a large skillet. Drain and return to skillet. Add 1 cup chopped onion and 1 chopped green pepper. Add one bag of hashbrowns from the refrigerated section of the grocery store....not frozen. Let them brown for about 5-10 minutes. Then begin adding appropriate leftovers. I used 2 cups diced turkey, 2 cups dressing/stuffing, and even a little bit of mashed potatoes. If you have lots of mashed potatoes left, you can skip the hashbrowns. Let this all cook together in the skillet for about 15 minutes. Cover with gravy and serve. For a true "hash" style dish, top with a poached egg. Delicious. Or, as they say here in the south, "So good it will make your tongue slap your brain".

Until next time,
Jill

2 comments:

Heidi @ Trendy Dollar :

You can never have too many potatoes! I'll have to give this a try.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! What a small world - the company I work for writes financial, payroll, and utility billing for cities throughout the country. Most of our clients are here in Iowa so it's very possible that I know your mom from her City Clerk days. If you want, you'll have to tell me what city she was with. Have a great week!

Jillian, Inc :

It's Greene, Iowa (pop. 1200) in north central Iowa.

Jillian Inc. All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger