In Which I Ask for a Do-Over

4.24.2007

At the beginning of 2007, I was all giddy with excitement at the prospect of what lie ahead. A clean slate, if you will. That's how many people think of a New Year. That's how I thought of it. You can read about all of my life changing pledges here.

So, how am I doing nearly 5 months later. Uhhhh.... Not so good. Not good at all.

I commited to watching TV less and reading more. Hasn't happened. I mean, I have to keep up with Jackie on Workout, The Family of Little People, Dancing with the Stars, and now there's the family with 6 yr. old twins and 2 yr. old sextuplets. I have to keep up with the news. Just an excuse, I know. I should be making better choices.

And the eating plan went to hell in a bowl of potato chips. Up at 5 a.m. on the treadmill? ha! More protein, less carbs? ha! I have failed. I did it for awhile and lost some weight. But then I quit doing it. That's why I am not rejoicing in the fact that summer is just around the corner. As it stands now I will not be **all that and then some** in a bathing suit. In fact, for the very first time ever in my whole life, I am considering nixing the two-piece suit.

We have accomplished something on the list...
the most important thing...
the thing that will help me above all else...

We go to church regularly and are more involved again.

So, that being said, I was thinking today how thankful I am for do-overs. Remember as a child asking for a do-over when you didn't jump the rope 20 times in a row? Or when you didn't make the basket or win the running race against your friend on the playground?

As a parent, I hope I get to honor a lot of do-overs. Because the feeling of accomplishment is just as important as the task.

And, aren't we blessed that God gives us a chance at a do-over no matter how many times we mess up? He never loses faith in us. He never lets failure cloud His days. His love for us is unending, no matter how many times we might fail.

So, here's to the glory of the Do-Over!

I'll try again tomorrow.

3 comments:

Susan :

Oh how we need the "do overs"! He never leaves us or forsakes us. Praise God!

Stephanie :

Amen on the do-overs. I have done-over so many times! Thank God He allows them and Thank God that he helps my children forget the initial response that left me begging for a do-over. He is gracious, indeed.

Trista :

I love WorkOut! However, I can't believe Doug passed away! So sad!!!

Jillian Inc. All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger