We're closing out the fifth day of rain and drizzle here in the ATL and I do believe my creativity has been washed away with the raindrops. I think the sun'll come out tomorrow....so perhaps my blog game will be back on as well.
For now....a list of not-too-exciting things happening in my soaked little world:
* I had a filling replaced in one of my wisdom teeth on Wednesday and had a pounding headache until late Sunday night. I guess those three shots of Novocaine took their toll. And on an amusing note, when I emailed my mom about my tooth situation, she was amazed to learn I still have my wisdom teeth. (I have all four of them, as a matter of fact. I've never denied having a big mouth!) I guess at some point after your sweet and precious little girl hits 40 you lose track (and interest) in the presence or absence of her teeth.
* The day after the tooth debacle, I got my hair colored and it doesn't look as good as I'd hoped. And then the day after I got it colored, I got it cut (because I can't make life easy and go to the same person for both). And that didn't turn out so well either. Not bad, but not great. And when your tooth and head are hurting, sub-par hair is just a little bit harder to take.
* My sweet little boy has recently taken to biting his fingernails. He must spend the better part of each day gnawing and chewing those darn things. (At least I don't have to go through the agony of clipping them, I guess.) And a couple nights ago, as God is my witness, he was trying to chew his big toenail. If this is too much information, I am sorry. But it is the truth - and so bizarre! Fingernail biting gives me the willies and I hope he outgrows it. So far I have tried to ignore it in hopes he will stop as suddenly as he started. The toenail biting, however, is over the top. It ain't gonna happen, if the kid has to wear steel-toed shoes 24/7.
* Despite my throbbing head, I did manage to clean, organize and purge my closet for the coming warm weather. Oh my goodness, I do not need another thing to wear. I have too many clothes as it is. (But you know I will buy something within the week - let's be real). My husband, on the other hand, always looks great and spends about 2.5 seconds buying four pairs of shorts and four shirts every summer. If hours of time spent shopping, returning, agonizing and browsing was equal to how magnificent one should look, I should be on par with Princess Di. As it is, I am.....ummm....far from it.
* Driving home from work tonight in the pouring rain, it suddenly dawned on me I had to bring 24 goody bags for the St. Patrick's Day Party at Adam's school tomorrow. For some reason I thought the party was Friday. All school parties should be on Friday. Tuesday is too early in the week, don't you think? So, a quick stop into Target for candy and bags and a swing into Michael's for ribbon and I've got 2 dozen cute bags ready to go. My red-o-hot smokin' husband (that's the Irish version) helped me create these in just under 30 minutes while the nail-biter took a bath:
* And on that note, I hope your St. Patty's day is wonderful. May your beer be green and/or your corned beef and cabbage be yummy.